Thursday, August 30, 2018

Broad Sided by July

“Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I’ll try again tomorrow.” - Mary Anne Radmacher

July and August this year have been DIFFICULT.

My Baystate Marathon training never started. I've gone running, but the speed I was gaining in June is gone. The last time I ran 5 miles was July 7th, and in August, my furthest distance is 3.28 miles.

While I'm still hoping to run and finish the race, at this point the likelihood of success is dropping. I may opt to just run the half marathon and earn my jacket in the spring with Gate City Half.

The good news is, I'm still running. Not as often as I should for marathon training and not as far, but I didn't quit when life got hard. I can thank Kelsie,  my support network and new Pokemon Go challenges for that.

At a total of 470 miles run this year, I'm tracking very well to hit my 500 miles in the year goal.


No comments:

Post a Comment