Thursday, May 31, 2018

Marathon In Pictures

The written story of my first marathon, Gate City in Nashua can be read here. Since I wrote a short story rather than a brief blog post, here is the picture book version. All official race photos are from Game Face Media, who did a fantastic job with race photos.

With Robbie and Randy of the 2020 Vision Quest Team before race.


Video of Race Start. You can see me around 1:35

Official race photo at beginning, I didn't know the photographer was there.

Transition zone fro 1st or 2nd loop.  I was feeling strong, but a bit warm. 

I think this was loop 2
Near the end of Loop 2, a fellow Skirt Sports Ambassador was cheering and snapped this picture.
Loop 4, Things were NOT going well. I was running in Mine Falls and wishing a water stop to be sooner. I snapped this to pretending everything was OK
At the start of this bridge there was the most amazing water stop, but I knew it wasn't enough, they thankfully warned me about the photographer on the other side so I pulled out my smiles. 
Taking a break from running and with no other runners around, I decided to have some fun. You can see in my eyes how I was struggling. 
One of my BRF offered to run Loop 5 with me. This is was my cry for help. 
The finishing chute. BRF had sent me down solo, and insisted I run. I was so excited to know this trial was over. Photo Credit Robbie Walton
And I got a medal. I honestly don't recall much going on at this point. Photo credit Robbie Walton 
The next day was a busy day at the office, I should have rested. 

No comments:

Post a Comment