Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Journal Log: Nashua Soup Kitchen 10k plus Miles

I ran the Nashua Soup Kitchen 10k, here is a mostly cleaned up copy of what I wrote in my paper run journal. I didn't journal clothing, as I did over the winter to figure out winter gear but this is how I collect my thoughts after a run to try and figure out what went well and what can be improved.


4/8 11:20am          16.08; 3:38:16; 13:34            INV2
Soup Kitchen 10K + Miles     36 degrees 7mph   164

Ran to Rivier University to start on miles and hung out with friends before start. 1.89 miles. Ran 10k. Gave jacket to Alex and boys. Finished Race, met up with boys at playground 9 miles done. Ran 2 laps around school with boys. Said Good bye and kept running.  Hard to keep going, felt very lonely. Which was odd since there were people around me all day, but finishing these miles was my goal and something I needed to do. Around mile 13 I headed home. Did 3 laps of my condo development to finish up.  Feet hurt, legs hurt.

Fuel
Before: Oatmeal/almond butter/choc chips
Sipped water (did this morn than noted in this list)
1 electrolyte pill before race start
1 clif blok during race
1/2 bottle of maple water and 1 banana post race
-GAS PAINS-
1 electrolyte pill after race
Water all through out
GU at 11 miles
1 electrolyte pill at 14 miles
water
1/2 clif blok at 14.5 miles

Post
Protein shake 25-30 grams
smart water 1 liter
tub soak (Epson salts)
artichoke
3 sausages
2nd smart water

Good Run but hard. Head space rough, music good. Did not eat enough, should have fueled during 10k more than a single clif blok.


No comments:

Post a Comment