Sunday, May 26, 2019

The 27th Annual Wachusett Mountain Race (3 Mile & 10K)

Wachusett Mountain Race (3 Mile & 10K) in Princeton, MA
May 25, 2019
This race is part of the USATF Mountain Series, I ran as a Gate City Strider.

I'm halfway to Mountain Goat status. 3 completed, 3 to go.

I'm not sure where to begin with this race. My family joined to cheer me on. 

It wasn't raining! Apparently I signed up super early, as I got bib number 3!

I'm glad I opted out of leggings at last minute or I would have over heated.

The first half of the race was a 3 mile hill climb and that was the USATF scoring portion. The second half makes the race a full 10k. To be honest, I'm not sure I've earned my team any points. 
Official finish photo at the end of the 10k!

The first 3 miles I powered my way up with the help of a GLRR member whom I've run with at races in the past. 
Race friend. We played interval tag at Gate City Marathon last year.

On the way up, a man on a cycle commented that I had the "best race outfit", some where on the way down I realized he was saying "nice butt" in more polite terms. 

My down the mountain time was much slower than expected. I messed up a bit with gu and electrolyte pill timing and realized I needed a bathroom, and there were none to be found, unless you count all the trees. I've never learned that skill though. Running made it worse, so I power walked my way down. 
Epic pre-race portopotty line!

I did not consume any of the hundreds of gnats swarming on the way down. I'm sure I was a sight to see waving my hands in front of on face. 

Hal's and I pre-race silly photos
It was great seeing my boys at the bottom when I finished the race and thankfully the epic portopotty line had cleared. 
Jack and I doing pre-race silly poses.

The views were amazing! I would run this race again just for the views. 
The camera really doesn't capture how fantastic this was and it wasn't raining so I could actually see.
I'm skipping Cranmore for family plans, next race is Mt Ascutney to start off my birthday weekend of races.

Looking at how short this post is, I guess my statement, the worse the weather, the better the stories.

I'm fundraising for The Youth Council, please consider donating as a birthday gift to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment