Friday, March 1, 2019

Taji 100: Gratitude

Before I dive into details, I just want to share this:  I DID IT! I ran or walked 100 miles in February!

Now for some acknowledgements, because I didn't do this alone.

Thank you goes out to

My Husband Alex: He joined me on many of the mile walks, encouraged me to go out and join people for running, took on more than his share of the childcare so that I could go run, and made sure that I ate enough to keep going. He also looked the other way when I got behind on laundry.

My Running Friends: Many of these miles were run with company. If not for my friends checking in on my progress, inviting me to run and encouraging me to run "just a little more". Huge shout out to Phil, who did all of this and more.

Fleet Feet: Thank you for hosting Winter Warriors. Two nights each week of scheduled social running gave me an anchor and a higher likelihood of making 8 miles a week. Group running makes cold winter running easier, shared misery and all that. Along with the running, they ran a donation drive for the Nashua Soup Kitchen. Each run I was able to help others.

Gate City Striders: Thank you for hosting the Freeze Your Buns series. Committing to a 5k every other week helped add to the miles.

Greater Lowell Road Runners: Thank you for hosting the Fudgcicle Series. While I grumbled about how early I had to wake on a cold winter morning, not only did the races help with the miles but I had a great time socializing afterwards.

YMCA of Greater Nashua: Thank you for having an indoor track at each facility. That track was my oasis from the cold. Knowing I could go there at lunch or after work, and just walk a mile. The convenience of not having to change into workout clothing to walk, the lockers readily available to hang my coat. There were also several evening treadmill parties when it was too cold to be outside, let alone run, plus chance encounters with friends.

Taji 100: Thank you for hosting this virtual race, for all the work you do in the back ground to make this happen. Thank you for every virtual achievement badge, I loved collecting them as the month went on. I can only imagine how much work organizing this race is.

The run down of my last week will be in a separate post.

No comments:

Post a Comment