Monday, February 4, 2019

Confession Time: Run Club and Stats

Photo credit to GLRR Fudgcicle group

Confession 1: I've been afraid to wear my Gate City Striders singlet because I'm not a competitive runner. I doubt I'll ever be on a podium and or win points for the team. This was all me, I have never met a member of the Striders that has said anything to this effect. Every member I have met has been supportive and encouraging. Last weekend I decided to get over it and wear my singlet at the GLRR Fudgcicle race, because I'm a member and I'm proud to be on the team.  Expect to see me out more with it at races, I love the color.





Confession 2: I've stopped being as precise with my stat tracking, while steps from just walking around don't get recorded in my run tracker, planned and executed walks, such as today's mile at lunch do. I'm not separating walks from runs anymore. It's all movement, it's time on my feet and it's often in my running sneakers(I need that mileage tracked). One of my Ultra running friends said something about training for an ultra is all about time on your feet and less about pace. Thank you Friend! That was the piece I need to just let it go. I know more time on my feet with translate to a better over all pace, and this year I'm running enough races to get an idea of what I'm at.


2 comments:

  1. Training for ultras definitely goes by time on your feet for the longer distances because for most of us, at some point we will be walking some miles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I learned that when I paced a friend last November. It is one the reasons Ultras are starting to appeal to me.

      Delete