Monday, April 1, 2019

Run Nashua Update!

Updated map of my quest to run all the roads in Nashua. 


With the warmer weather this weekend I was able to explore a few new areas, and I tried out two new starting points.

Saturday I started out a bit late, but did manage to run a few roads between Bicentennial and New Searles Elementary schools. I have a bunch of gaps to fill in. Since the roads behind New Searles twist around a hill, so unless I just want to run hills, hills and more hills, I'll need some careful route planning to finish off that area.
On this run I was in a neighborhood of pretty McMansions and then there was a house straight out of 70's style. According to a real estate website the house was purchased in 1990 and the house built in 1992. This is one of the fun parts of running all the roads, Nashua has many hidden gems of unique architecture.



Sunday I started at the Legacy Playground and ran some side roads before the rain started. While I've done most of the main roads in this area due to the Gate City Marathon, and various group runs starting in downtown, the side roads have barely been explored. This route had something I see often in Nashua, and am always amused by. About half the time I run down a dead end road of an older neighborhood, newer cul-d-sacs don't count. I find a yard that is straight out of American Pickers. All manner of yard decorations, and interesting collections. This area is fairly flat, so random exploration and repeating roads won't bug me as much.  I generally don't mind hill, it's just surprise hills I dislike.

Other places I've found on the explorations, was the Nashua Friendship Club before it was bulldozed and many random hidden urban playgrounds.

Later this year I need to start working on running in North Nashua. Also I need to focus on all the little roads I've missed in the areas I have run. Filling in the gaps and all that.

Company on these exploration trips is always welcome, just be warned my easy long run pace is around 13 min miles, or slower.

No comments:

Post a Comment